Goan Chicken Curry
One whole chicken chopped into medium pieces.
Marinate the chicken with the marinate spices
Chopped onion and garlic.
Mustard seeds, onion and garlic being fried
Add marinated chicken to the onion and garlic.
Add coconut milk to the curry.
Add chopped coriander to the curry and its ready to be served.
- 1 whole chicken cut into medium pieces
- 5 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 large onions sliced into small pieces
- 5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- 75ml water
- Take a large bowl and marinade the chopped pieces of chicken with the marinade spices and set it a side for an hour.
- Heat the oil in a vessel.
- When the oil is hot add mustard seeds to it and cook it until it starts popping in the vessel.
- Add the sliced onion and garlic to the vessel and cook till its golden brown.
- Now add the marinated chicken to the vessel, and let it cook for three minutes.
- Later add the remaining marinated sauce to the vessel and let the chicken cook for another ten minutes.
- Add Coconut milk to the curry and let it cook for another fifteen minutes until the curry thicken a little.
- Now add salt as per taste to the curry.
- Finally Top the curry with chopped coriander