In the world of supplements, protein is considered as the king. However, what most people tend to forget is that the proteins are made up of amino acids.
Amino acids are the building blocks of life. Whatever we supply to our body, our body breaks it down into aminos, and then reorders these aminos to form new compounds that are needed for the bodily functions.
Now why are amino acids so important? Why you should also take amino acid supplements other than just taking all the protein from one supplement?
Well, in case you are wondering why, following are some of the reasons why you must include Amino acids in your diet:
Amino Acids Supplements Benefits for Health
1. Fights ArthritisA large number of the population suffers from arthritis, every passing year. Arthritis causes the cartilage of a particular joint to become thinner. This causes stiffness, pain, inflammation, and swelling. Amino acids play a vital role in fighting arthritis.
L-methionine (M) is an important amino acid that encourages the development of the cartilage in between bones and joints. Good dietary sources of methionine are fish, sesame seeds, Brazil nuts, meat, and soy. Apart from this, one can take supplements as well. The major pro of this acid is that it does not have any side effects.
L-arginine, Glucosamine, Chondriotin, and Collagen hydrolyzate are other amino acids that help fight arthritis.
2. Stronger Immune SystemAmino acids help boost the immunity. The amino acids commonly found in our bodies are arginine, glutamine, and cysteine. These acids have some important roles in order to increase the growth of immune cells of the body. Taking supplements of these acids will definitely boost your immune system. When taken in controlled amounts, these acids have applications in the treatment of cancer.
3. Muscle GrowthToday’s athletes take a large amount of supplements in order to enhance their muscle growth, and avoid unwanted muscle shrinkage due to overtraining or poor nutrition. Amino acids are effective in growing muscles and repairing them, because they mainly contain proteins. BCAAs enhance the production of proteins in the body and hence help in muscle growth.
4. Helps with Weight LossObesity is one of the major concerns of the developed and developing countries. It brings along many diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, joint problems, etc. Amino acids increase the ability of the body to burn fat. Obesity is associated with low levels of carnitine in the body. Carnitine is responsible for burning body fat. Hence, taking supplements of this acid will help your body switch to fat for fuel.
5. Enhance Sperm LevelsChild birth is a very complex process. The question is not about whether you are pregnant or not. It is about a healthy pregnancy.
L-carnitine is an amino acid that helps burn body fat. Hence it is also associated with the production and movement of healthy sperms. A low level of carnitine usually indicates a low level of healthy sperms. Taking supplements of this drug will definitely help you increase your fertility.
6. Manage MenopauseMenopause is a tough phase of every woman’s life. It brings along mood swings, and immense hormonal imbalance. Some women opt for hormonal replacement therapy. However, this therapy does not come without side effects of its own. It has been a topic of significant controversy lately.
A common complaint during the menopause is of the hot flushes. This involves dilation of muscles. This occurs due to insufficient dissolved nitric oxide in the blood. Arginine is a very important amino acid that helps in the production of nitric oxide. Hence, taking supplements of this acid is helpful.
7. Treatment of TinnitusTinnitus is a condition where the affected individual suffers perceives noises in their ears. This occurs mainly due to vascular disorders, or malformations. There has not been a cure as such for this condition. It is believed to cure on its own accord. However, some drugs have been synthesized that help individuals suffering from this condition. Arginine is an amino acid that helps increase blood circulation, and oxygen and nutrient availability in the ear.
8. Blood Sugar ManagementDiabetes has now become a pressing issue nationwide. Type 2 diabetes is becoming more common among the kids and the youth, which is a matter of huge concern. Although it is said to be heredity, diabetes is caused due to many other external factors like poor metabolism, hypertension, etc. According to studies, amino acids like arginine and carnitine are said to have a positive influence to glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity. Sufficient intake of these acids helps in keeping diabetes under control.
9. Reduce CholesterolIn today’s fast life junk food has become a lifeline. Excessive consumption of such fatty food leads to increased levels of cholesterol. High levels of cholesterol lead to various other problems, like cardiovascular problems, weak joints, etc. Arginine, carnitine, and taurine are known for their cholesterol lowering effects. Hence, apart from keeping a healthy diet, you can pop these supplements too.
Amino Acids Supplements Benefits for HairAmino acids are very important for the hair. Taking supplements of these, or a suitable diet can make you look more prettier.
1. Improves the Hair TextureKeratin is extremely essential for hair. It helps treat hair with the problems like hair fall, rough texture, etc. Its components are mainly amino acids like arginine, methionine, and glutamine. The top acids for hair growth are arginine, cysteine, methionine, tyrosine.
2. Promotes Hair GrowthArginine is important for good hair growth and smooth texture. Glutamine is indispensable for hair growth. Methionine is responsible for the formation of chain compounds, thereby strengthening the hair structure.
3. Prevent Hair LossMethionine found in Amino acids strengthens the hair structure, which in turn prevent your hair from falling out and help them regrow naturally.
Amino Acids Supplements Benefits for SkinAmino Acids can do wonders to your skin and make it look shiny and youthful naturally. Here’s how Amino acids can help your skin become healthy.
1. Makes Skin SmoothCreatine is an important amino acid in the skin. It helps the skin to function properly, and helps in collagen formation. Collagen keeps the skin fresh and firm, thus keeps the skin hydrated and moisturized.
2. Prevents AgingGlutamine is an antioxidant. Hence, it helps prevent ageing of the skin. Therefore, a good intake of glutamine enhances anti ageing effect. It also keeps your skin basic by balancing the pH, and making your skin feel and look fresh.
Amino acids have a large number of benefits for our bodies. When taken from the right sources, in the correct amount, they can be immensely beneficiary. However, if you are on supplements, please refer to your doctor for a prescription.