Mango pickle is one thing we all love. The khatta meetha taste of raw mangoes is something I drool over. A spoon full of this yummy mango pickle even livens up a sad dal and rice meal. So no matter how much I praise this dish its still less. Avakaya is one of the most popular pickle made in andhra, but the recipe I'm sharing is some what similar to avakya but made in a much simpler way. So this is an easy to make raw mango pickle.
Easy to make Raw Mango Pickle
Earthen Jar to Store the Pickle
Mix the masala and oil with the mangoes
Store the Mango Pickle in an earthen jar
- 1 Big Raw Mango or 1 1/4 Cup Chopped raw mango
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp methi seeds
- 3 tbsp. red chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp oil
- For this mango pickle make sure you choose raw mango that is firm and has a clear skin.
- Wash and dry the mangoes thoroughly and Wipe them dry.
- Now Dry roast methi seeds and cool them.
- In the same pan, warm oil and keep it aside to cool.
- Now Blend methi seeds along with mustard seeds to a fine powder.
- Next Chop the mangoes into slightly large cubes.
- Add the chopped mangoes to a dry bowl, along with red chili powder, mustard and methi seed powder, salt, lightly crushed garlic.
- Now Pour the oil we kept aside and mix well.
- Set the mango pickle aside for atleast 24 to 28 hours.
- After 28 hours Stir the mango pickle well and if needed add more salt and your yummy mango pickle is ready to be eaten
- Store this Pickle in a clean glass jar.