Dried mango/Amchoor is indeed a tropical delight. This pulpy, yellow fruit is popular in the entire world for its sweet and sour lip-smacking taste. You can either enjoy the dried mangoes bites in your break time or consume them in combination with your favourite dessert. Their health benefits have made them highly popular among the foodies. Know here about the various benefits you can attain on adding dried mangoes to your diet.
Health Benefits of Dried Mango/Amchoor
1. Reduces cancer riskMangoes are rich source of phenols such as isoquercitrin, quercetin, fisetin, astragalin, methylgallat, and gallic acid. They contain abundant enzymes and pectin (a soluble dietary fibre) as well. All of these lower the risk of cancers.
2. Combats diabetesDried mango normalizes blood insulin levels. Consume two to three flakes of dried mango every morning to decode diabetic problems. Also, note that mangoes do not increase blood sugar level as their glycaemic index ranges between 41 and 60, which is quite slow.
3. Improve concentration levelIf you encountering concentration issues then you must add dried mangoes to your diet. The fruit contains Glutamine acid that keeps cells active and boosts memory.
4. Promotes healthy eyesDried mango could fulfill your daily value need of vitamin A (essential for sharp eyesight). Its regular consumption can even prevent refractive errors, night blindness, softening of the cornea, burning and itching in the eyes.
5. Alleviates acidity issuesThe digestive enzymes contained in this yellow, pulpy fruit aid digestion and promote proteins breakdown. In addition, dried mango aids poor digestions and soothes the stomach. Being rich in fibre, the fruit prevents various digestive issues like constipation.
6. Improves sexual performanceMango is a good source of Vitamin E that boosts sex drive and regulates sex hormones.
7. Treats anaemic issuesDried mango is highly recommended for pregnant women because it contains vitamin C and enhances iron absorption from the foods. Women generally turn weak post menopause and baby delivery. Mangoes consumption can elevate iron content in their body. Women suffering from anemia should include Amchoor in their daily diet.
8. Enhances the health of mucous membraneMango is good source of vitamin A, which is essential for the health of mucous membranes and skin. It also provides protection from multiple viruses and bacteria.
9. Eliminates the risk of macular degenerationAs mentioned above dried mango is a good source of Vitamin A and E that promotes eye health among older adults by reducing macular degeneration risk. Including amchur in your daily diet will help in increasing clarity and prevent eye problems such as cataracts.
10. Benefit of B-complex vitaminsDried mango contains B-complex vitamins abundantly. They relieve stress, alleviate production of red blood cells, and generate energy from food.
11. Maintains alkaline balance in bodyDried mango is rich in malic acid and tartaric acid. Small amounts of citric acid are also present in this fruit. All the three acids are responsible for maintaining alkaline balance in the tissue and fluids of our body that further affects the pH levels.
12. Cuts off extra caloriesDried mangoes are rich in fibrous component that can help you shed high amounts of extra calories. Amchoor is loaded with antioxidants which help in boosting metabolism and thus, helping in losing weight.
13. Boosts healthy heartMangoes are a source of selenium- an important nutrient that combats heart diseases and maintains the health of heart. Regular consumption of amchoor helps in taking care of the heart.
14. The carotenes benefitThese photosynthetic pigments protect the body from oral cavity and lung cancers.
15. Maintains bone strengthDried mango is also a good source of calcium, which makes it an ideal food for storing oxygen in muscle tissue, maintaining bone density and strength.
16. Stimulates Detoxification
Mango is a fruit rich in vitamin A, C and D, vitamin B-6 and beta-carotene. The presence of these vitamins in high concentrations in mango has been used for ages to get rid of toxins from the body. Amchoor has also been used for treating anemia and curing the nervous system disorders.
17. Prevents and Treats ScurvyAmchoor contains a good amount of vitamin C which is known to be helpful in the healing of scurvy, which is caused by a deficiency in vitamin C. To treat scurvy just consume one part of mango powder with two parts of jaggery.
Dried Mango/Amchoor Benefits for Skin
1. Exfoliates skinThe fruit is loaded with beta-carotene, vitamin C and vitamin A. All the three offer radiance to the skin. Dry mango nourishes, exfoliates, and cleanses the skin as well. It is for this reason it is used in many natural skin treatments.
2. Treats dry skinMango promotes cell reproduction and wound healing. It also prevents skin from becoming scaly and dry. Individuals suffering from psoriasis must include this fruit in their diet.
3. Combats skin agingDried mango is a great source of Vitamin C that stimulates collagen production and maintains skin health. It significantly reduces wrinkles too.
4. Reduces sunburnBeta-carotene present in dried mango reduces the damage caused to the skin due to UV light and environmental pollution and toxins.
Dried Mango/Amchoor benefits for Hair
1. Conditions hairThe concentrates present in mango makes it highly beneficial to repair damaged hair. Apply its paste before shampooing. Your hair will turn frizz-free and much more manageable.
2. Adds strength and shine to dull hairVitamins A and vitamin C boost hair growth. The two are abundantly present in dry mango. Make hair mask using mango puree, ripe banana puree, and 2 tbsp coconut oil. Apply this mask for 30 minutes onto your hair. Next, wash off your hair using lukewarm water.
3. Removes dandruffConsuming dry mango on regular basis can help you get rid of dry scalp. In addition, it will add shine and lustre to your hair, while enhancing its overall strength.
4. Reduces hair fallMango is highly beneficial in treating hair loss, alopaecia, and early greying of hair. The fruit works wonders on frizzy and dry hair. Simply prepare a hair mask mixing mango pulp, yoghurt and a couple of egg yolks. Apply it to your hair and let it stay for an hour. Wash it off using lukewarm water, followed by shampooing. Applying conditioner is optional. Your hair will turn super soft and manageable.
Dried mango offers countless benefits, but its consumption can affect adversely if an individual is allergic to it. The people who belong to Anacardiaceous family may develop allergic reaction on consuming mangoes. This could be possible due to poison ivy. Furthermore, the fruit contains urushinol, which is a toxic substance that causes dermatitis. The intensity of skin allergy caused due to this substance varies from one person to another. However, another noteworthy thing is that the juice and peel of mangoes cause this allergy majorly. Hence, dried mango could be prove out to be safe in this case. It is advisable to consult an expert before consuming this fruit.