Chia seeds/Sabja may look like your everyday seed, but what you don’t know about these healthy seeds is that they are a terrific source of vital nutrients, which can benefit your body in numerous ways. Chia seeds are also the richest source of Omega 3 and are packed with various essential proteins, vitamins, and minerals. Not only this, Chia seeds are also loaded with soluble fiber, calcium and powerful antioxidants, that benefit our bodies in numerous ways.
In English it is called as Chia Seeds, it is commonly known as Chia Beej or sabja in Hindi, in Tamil they call it Sia, in Telugu it is known as Chia Ginjalu, in Kannada it is known as Chia Beeja.
Chia seeds can also be used for energizing properties and to reduce your hunger cravings. These healthy seeds also do wonders for your weight and offer plenty of health benefits, which is why Chia seeds are becoming popular among individual day by day.
Below we are listing some of the amazing health benefits and reasons why you must incorporate Chia seeds in your diet:
Chia Seeds/Sabja Benefits for Health
1. Helps you Lose WeightChia seeds are the best option to go for if you are trying to get rid of unwanted body weight. Consuming these super seeds also help you get lean and toned muscles as well as help you burn fat naturally. The proteins, fiber and other nutrients present in chia seeds have a satiating effect and keep you full for longer. It keeps you away from overeating.
2. Boost the Energy LevelWhether you want to boost your stamina in the gym or simply have some extra get-up-and-go for your work day, Chia seeds offers you the perfect blend of nutrients to improve your energy level.
3. Strengthen Your BonesTo keep your body fit and healthy, it is really vital to intake adequate amount of calcium, which does not only help you optimize your health but also helps you strengthen your bones.
4. Helps in Muscle BuildingIf you are vegan or gluten intolerance, then Chia seeds are the best way to provide an adequate amount of protein to the body. This might surprise you, but Chia seeds contain way more protein than the other grains. These seeds are also best to consume to prevent Crohn's disease and celiac disease.
5. Promotes Mental HealthDue to its rich Omega-3 content, Chia /Sabja seeds are also known as natural “brain food”, that promotes mental health conditions like depression, anxiety, as well as plays a leading role in improving person’s mood. Chia seeds are also a perfect supplement for improving cognitive abilities of the brain.
6. Alleviates Digestive HealthBeing a rich source of fiber, Chia seeds work best for alleviating digestive health. These seeds also contain many properties that make it act as a natural blood sugar balancer and helps in treating many stomach disorders. Chia seeds are also easy to digest.
7. Treat DiabetesRich in alpha-linolenic acid and fiber, Chia seeds can also be used to prevent metabolic disorders like dyslipidemia, and insulin resistance- which are the two factors that cause diabetes.
8. Good for MetabolismChia seeds are great for all those people who wants to improve their exercise performance for workouts. You can also consume Chia /Sabja seeds to boost your metabolism and energy level naturally.
9. Prevent Breast and Cervical CancerChia seeds contain alpha- lineic acid (ALA), also known as Omega 3 fatty acids. It also prevents the growth of cancerous cells in both breast and cervical cancers. It also kills cancer cells and protect the body from damages.
10. Provides Dental HealthChia seeds are overloaded with many essential nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, Vitamin A and zinc, which improves the dental health and offer sparkling white teeth.
11. Improve your Heart HealthChia seeds are loaded with dietary fiber and omega-3 fatty acids which are known to keep your heart healthy. These healthy seeds also possess ability to reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure and regulate cholesterol, which in turn provide better cardiovascular health. It also reverses the oxidative stress and prevents atherosclerosis, if consumed on a regular basis.
12. Perfect Mood BoosterRich in fiber, Chia seeds are a powerful ingredient that improves the colon health, and naturally enhance the mood by regulating the serotonin levels. It also provides relief from depression, anxiety, tiredness and irritability.
13. Fight ConstipationTo fight constipation, start by consuming a small amount of Chia seeds and gradually increase the intake. Regular consumption of Chia seeds also promotes optimal stool formation, regulate infrequent bowel movement, prevent abdominal bloating, and diarrhea.
14. Anti-InflammatoryChia seeds are rich in essential omega-3 fatty acids. These seeds are One of the best plant-based sources of omega-3s and alpha-linolenic acid, chia seeds for ages have been used to treat various disorders. They also work to fight the free radicals, reduce inflammation and cholesterol. If you suffer from body aches and inflammation then make sure you Include chia seeds in your diet.
15. Loaded with MineralsChia seeds are a good source of some vital minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, and manganese. Our body needs these minerals for proper functioning and to help combat hypertension. These minerals also provides the body with energy for the process of metabolism. Including Chia seeds in your diet is a delicious way to boost your immunity.
16. High in FiberFoods that are rich in dietary fiber help in reducing cholesterol, inflammation and constipation. Chia seeds are loaded with such dietary fiber. Consuming just two tablespoons of chia seeds daily, provides your body with one third of its daily requisite of fiber.
17. Antioxidant PropertiesThe antioxidants present in Chia seeds help to protect the body from pigmentation, carcinogenic cells and slow down the process of aging. Munching on a tablespoon or two of chia seeds daily can help to reduce wrinkles and other signs of aging.
Chia Seeds/Sabja Benefits for Hair
1. Promotes Hair GrowthChia seeds are rich in phosphorus content, which makes it one of the most popular ingredients to promote hair growth. It also contains 9 essential amino acids that provide stronger hair, skin and nails.
2. Prevent Premature Hair GrayingBeing an excellent source of plant based protein, using Chia seeds for hair is the best way to prevent premature hair graying.
3. Treat Hair FallChia seeds are one such Superfood that strengthen the roots as well as provide many vital nutrients to the scalp, which in turn prevent the hair from falling out. It also promotes the production of new hair cells and makes your hair look shiny and well-conditioned.
Chia Seeds/Sabja Benefits for Skin
1. Prevent AgingChia /Sabja seeds contain natural phenolic (antioxidants) concentration that does not only prevent the signs of aging but also reverse its effect. It is also one of the nature’s richest antioxidant sources that repairs your skin and prevent it from further damage.
2. Treat Acne and PimpleChia /Sabja seed oil contain anti-inflammatory properties which keep the skin moisturized, prevent skin redness and treat pimple and acne naturally. It also helps you to remove the excessive oil present in your skin.
3. Moisturize the skinThe oil that we get from Chia /Sabja Seeds is extremely beneficial for the skin and keeps the skin hydrated from both inside and outside naturally.
4. Natural SerumChia seed oil is the best natural serum, which is very light on the skin and works best for improving the skin tone as well as to bring a healthy glow to your skin.
Chia seeds are not just for dieters, but it is also the best remedy for people trying to lower the cholesterol level and also work wonders in improving endurance. The best thing about Chia seeds is that it has a good shelf life and you can easily store it in a container. So bring these healthy seeds home to incorporate its uncountable health benefits to your life and body.