3 cups rice
1 cup urad daal
Salt as per taste
2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Wash the rice and urad daal separately and soak overnight.
- Grind it separately, into a thick paste adding a little water at a time in a grinder
- Mix the pastes together and add salt to taste.
- Keep this batter aside overnight to ferment.
- Apply cooking oil to the moulds on an Idli tray. Pour batter in each mould to fill it 3/4 full.
- Put 2 cups of water in a large vessel and heat.
- Put the Idli tray into the vessel and steam for 20 minutes.