Skin Benefits of Basil Leaves/Tulsi
1. Prevents BlackheadsApplication of Basil /tulsi leaves as a face wash is highly recommended for healthy skin. Its application prevents the appearance of blackheads. Its antibacterial and antiseptic properties help you to deal with Blackheads.
2. Treats Skin DiseasesBasil is used as an ingredient in skin ointments due to its antibacterial properties. If you are suffering from scabies and eczema then you must try drinking the fresh juice of Tulsi leaves. It helps in quick recovery.
3. Prevents Skin Infections & Adds Glow to the FaceIt has several antibacterial, antifungal properties and antibiotic properties. The application of basil leaves can restrict the growth of bacteria which cause skin infections. It also helps to gain the natural glow on your face. You can rub some dry basil leaves by crushing them to form a fine powder, apply this powder on your face to get an instant glow. This powder also works to remove dark spots from the face.
4. Prevention of Acne and PimplesBasil leaves contain antibacterial and antifungal agents, hence purify your blood by removing toxins. Application of Basil leaves with sandalwood and rosewater is very effective to prevent the outburst of acne and pimples
5. Removes Scars and MarksTulsi paste face pack can be applied on the face for removal of scars and marks. Try using it with besan and you can feel the difference. Its application results in clean and even skin tone.
6. Beneficial For Facial SkinTo improve the condition of your facial skin just Rub some dried basil leaves on your face, it is sure to make your face look younger and fresher. It also works to improve your facial skin tone.
7. Prevents InflammationThe antibacterial and antifungal properties of basil/tulsi leaves work amazingly to reduce skin inflammation. You can apply a paste made by mixing tulsi leaves, sandalwood paste and rose water to prevent skin inflammation.
8. Treatment of Ringworms and Other Skin InfectionsBasil leaves are known to possess antibacterial, antibiotic and antifungal properties, It works to stop the growth of bacteria like E coli and B anthracis which are known to cause skin infections. To get rid of these infections you can prepare a concoction by grinding and boiling a handful of basil leaves with some sesame seed oil and apply this mixture on the affected skin to cure the infection. You can also use a mixture of ground basil leaves and lemon juice to treat skin infections like ringworms.
9. Makes the Face look Young and Fresh
Basil leaves are loaded with antioxidants which work to make your skin look younger and fresher. Basil is known to be a wonderful skin and hair moisturizer.