1 Kg Duck cut into large pieces
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1/2 cup oil for frying
2 one inch pieces of Cinnamon
5 large Onions minced
8-10 cloves Garlic finely chopped
2 inch piece of Ginger finely minced
2-3 Green Chillies cut length wise
4 Tomatoes chopped
2 tablespoons meat masala powder
1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
1 teaspoon Pepper powder
a few Curry leaves
Salt as per taste
- Heat coconut oil in a kadai.
- Sauté onions until brown
- add ginger, garlic, green chillies, tomatoes and the powder masalas.
- Mix well and sauté for 2 minutes
- add in curry leaves.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the duck pieces and close with a lid adding enough salt and simmer until the pieces are cooked.
- Heat the 1/2 cup oil in another vessel.
- Open the lid of the curry,and carefully spoon out the duck pieces and deep fry them
- Return the fried pieces to the curry.
- Simmer without the lid until the oil separates and the gravy coats the pieces.
- Duck roast is ready to be served