Puri Ingredients :
1 cup Rava
3 tablespoon maida
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup warm water
Oil to deep fry
1/2 cup Tamarind Pulp
2 cups Water
2 tablespoon Jeera Powder
2 tablespoon Jeera
1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
3 Green Chilly
1 cup Mint Leaves
1 tablespoon Black Salt
2 tablespoon crushed Jaggary
1/2 cup boiled dried yellow peas
2 boiled potatoes
salt as per taste
- Mix rawa, maida, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- Now add warm water to knead the dough little by little.
- The stiffness of the dough should be same as for the puris.
- Cover the dough with a damp muslin cloth and keep it aside for 30 mins.
- Now make small equal sized small balls of the dough. keep the dough balls covered with damp muslin cloth while making more balls.
- With the help of maida, make thin rotis. cut small pieces out of it with a lid of any container.
- Heat oil in a deep bottom pan
- When the oil is hot put the cut puris into it and let it fry
- While frying, press the puris in the center to allow them to puff up.
- Fry them till lightly brown
- Now remove them and keep it a side on a cloth and later store it in an air tight container
- Take coriander, mint leaves and green chillies and grind them to make a fine paste.
- Mix all the ingredients of the pani along with the green paste.
- Strain the chutney through a wire strainer. Keep this chutney in the refrigerator for 2 -3 hrs before serving.
- In a bowl mix yellow peas and mashed potatoes and salt.
- While serving make small holes in the puri with your thumb and fill in the stuffing along with the chutney