Benefits of Peppermint/Pudina For Skin
1. Prevents AcnePeppermint is highly beneficial in inhibiting bacterial growth and works best in the topical treatment of acne. It balances the pH levels of the skin and helps to stop the production of excessive oils in the skin. It also cools down the skin and decreases testosterone 5 ALPHA-reductase production. Peppermint has astringent, antiseptic and anti inflammatory properties which help to reduce the appearance of acne, blackheads, rashes and redness of the skin. Just mix two drops of peppermint oil with your regular face wash and wash your face 2 to 3 times a day.
2. Acts as a ScrubPeppermint is a great scrub for skin, which act as a great Exfoliator and removes all the dead cells and dirt from your skin without damaging it.
3. Makes Skin GlowingPeppermint contains many essential nutrients and minerals that does not only make your skin glow but also improve your skin health. You can also use it to minimize your skin pores, to reduce puffiness as well as help you improve the skin tone naturally.
4. Prevent SunburnIts ability to protect the skin from all damages and sunburn makes peppermint part of many skin care products. Not only this, it also unturn the damage caused by sun and make your skin look glowing and soft.
5. Natural TonerDue to the presence of menthol in peppermint, it is one of the best natural toners to use for skin that makes your skin look gentle, soft and shiny.
6. Heals Various Skin IssuesFor ages Peppermint has been used to treat many skin issues, using it topically. Peppermint has been used in the treatment of rashes, poison oak and poison ivy because of Its soothing properties. It is known to quickly heal the affected skin.
7. Treats Oily and Greasy Skin:For a long time Peppermint leaves have been used to treat oily and greasy skin, even today many cosmetics contain peppermint extracts. Peppermint contains Menthol which helps in reducing the secretion of oil from the sebaceous glands and helps you to get an oil-free skin naturally. You just need to make a paste of freshly grounded peppermint leaves and apply it on your face. Let it sit on your face for 10 minutes. You can choose to also add honey to the paste to enjoy its benefits. Wash your face and pat it dry.
Peppermint works amazingly to help treat athlete’s foot. You just need to massage the oil on your affected feet and let the oil sit there overnight to work its magic. This oil is also used to reduce cellulite line by rubbing the oil on the affected areas.
8. Treats Athlete’s Foot:
Not many people know this, but in ancient times, mint leaves have also been rubbed on dining tables to welcome guests in the middle east. The interesting thing about mint is that it symbolizes “hospitality” and can be grown both indoors and outdoors. So grow it in your garden and make this wonder herb part of your life to gain its tremendous health benefits. You will be surprised to see the differences. Try it now!