Chamomile Tea- Health Benefits And Its Therapeutic Features
Chamomile is a medicinal herb, which is also known as ‘Babune ka Phal’ in Hindi, ‘shevanti’ in marathi, ‘chaamanthi’ in Telugu, ‘chingu kuttan’ in malayalam, ‘Baboona’ in Urdu and ‘Seemai Chamanthi’ in tamil. Chamomile Tea is famous for centuries due to its soothing and relaxing properties, commonly used to aid problems like insomnia and nervousness. It also acts as a comforting remedy that treat illnesses like cold and flu. Some people actually started to grow chamomile in their herb gardens due to its numerous health benefits. Not only this, its medicinal use dates back to the times of the ancient Greeks, Romans and Egyptians.
There are two types of Chamomile mostly used for good health: German Chamomile (Matricaria retutica) and Roman Chamomile. This tea is quite popular among people in the United States and is known as a tea that calms an upset stomach as well as improve sleeps.
Health Benefits of Chamomile Tea
1. Relieve Menstrual Cramps-Chamomile tea acts as a relieving solution that cures Menstrual Cramps, relax the muscles of the uterus, improves glycine level and provides instant relief from the cramps.
2. Soothes Muscle Pain-The antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties of Chamomile tea makes it one of the most effective remedy to calm Muscle spasms. Drinking chamomile tea two times a day helps in curing problems like irritable bowel syndrome, gastroenteritis, nausea, cramps, and stomach flu.
3. Improves Immunity-Rich in antibacterial properties, Chamomile tea is highly effective in treating and preventing cough and cold. It protects your body from various bacterial infections and illnesses too.
4. Helps to treat Migraines-Not many people know this, but Chamomile is one such herb that is proven and tested in treating migraines and severe headaches. In fact, drinking a cup of Chamomile Tea works really well in providing instant relief from headache.
5. Prevents the occurrence of Allergy and Rashes-When it comes to treating rashes and allergies, Chamomile tea always comes on top. Dip a cotton ball in a chilled Chamomile tea and apply it on the affected areas. Regular consumption of Chamomile tea helps you get rid of allergic symptoms too.
6. Improves the ability to sleep-Effective in killing microbes, Chamomile tea contains excellent sedating properties that help in treating insomnia and sleeping disorders. Having a cup of chamomile tea regularly can work amazingly to give you a sound sleep.
7. Treat Hemorrhoids-Frequent intake of Chamomile Tea is one of the best remedy to treat Hemorrhoids as it is known to soothe the nerves in the body.
8. Maintains sugar level in the body-Chamomile tea is highly beneficial and effective in balancing the insulin level or blood sugar level in the body. It also helps in controlling diabetes mellitus.
9. Cure Ulcer Pain-Ulcer Pain is truly the most annoying problem that troubles people quite often. So, if you too are someone who is suffering from stomach ulcer pain, then Chamomile Tea is all you need to get rid of it. You can also include a cup or two of Chamomile Tea in your diet to soothe irritation and stomach disorders.
10. Soothes Irritable Bowel Syndrome-This problem can affect your life terribly, but Chamomile Tea reduces cramping in the stomach as well as helps in treating irritable Bowel Syndrome. It also reduces the formation of gas and bloating in the digestive tracts. It is also an amazing remedy to treat heartburn and other stomach disorders.
Skin Benefits of Chamomile Tea
1. Acts as Skin lightening agent-
Chamomile Tea is one such remedy that helps you to lighten up the complexion, improves skin tone and makes the skin gentle, smooth and glowing.
2. Soothes Skin Irritation-Rich in antioxidants, Chamomile Tea works wonders in soothing skin Irritation and Inflammation. It is also highly used to treat skin problem like Eczema, burn and Sunburn.
3. Prevent Acne-This tea is a great remedy for all those people who want to get rid of skin issues like pimples and breakouts. It also helps you get a natural glow.
4. Reduce Puffiness under eyes-If you wake up and notice puffiness under eyes, then cool Chamomile tea bags is all you need to soothe your tired eyes.
5. Prevents Aging-It is not wrong to call this tea, a magic potion, as it protects the skin from radical damage as well as prevents and reverse the signs of aging. This tea also prevents premature aging and reduces the appearance of wrinkles. It works amazingly to give you youthful skin.
6. Good Moisturizer-Chamomile works as a decent moisturizer as well as a cleanser for skin. The best thing about this tea is that it suits almost everyone and is completely safe to use. Drinking a cup of chamomile tea daily nourishes and moisturizes your skin from deep within.
7. Can be used as Natural Scrub-To get flawless and younger looking skin, it is really important to use a good scrub. Chamomile Tea, when mixed with powdered milk, works great as a body and facial scrub. It also helps in getting rid of dry, dead and dull skin.
8. Lightens Dark Circles-The best way to lighten Dark Circles using Chamomile Tea is to pack it in a small plastic packs, or compressors and use it whenever you get tired eyes or dark circles. Follow this remedy regularly to get rid of Dark Circles Naturally.
9. Heals and Refresh the Skin-Being a natural cleanser, Chamomile tea contains many antioxidants, cleansing and moisturizing properties that heals your skin from both inside and outside and gives it fresh glow and natural charm. Chamomile tea is known to fasten the healing process of minor wounds and also disinfects them. For ages it has been used to treat minor wounds.
10. Natural Skin Bleach-Chamomile Tea acts as Natural bleach that helps you hide the facial hair, improves the complexion and remove the scars and dark spots from the skin. Usage of this tea also tightens the pores and rejuvenates the skin. It also works to lighten your complexion and makes your skin more radiant.
Benefits of Chamomile Tea for Hair
1. Enhance Texture and Radiance-Using Chamomile Tea makes your hair look shiny, lustrous, and thicker and also brightens up the hair color. To get the best results, you can also combine it with henna. If you have blonde hair, rinsing your hair with chamomile tea will brighten your hair instantly.
2. Prevent Dandruff-Dandruff causes irritation and itchiness on your scalp and also make your hair to fall. But regular use of Chamomile tea as a rinse is highly effective in treating dandruff and itchy scalp.
Chamomile Tea serves as both beverage and a medicinal plant. It also provides a variety of health benefits to both-People and Pets. This Tea contains a compound called Chrysin, a Flavonoid, which contains outstanding properties that does not only provide numerous benefits to human health but also entice the senses. So include this magical Tea in your diet today to enjoy its uncountable health benefits. You will be surely amazed with its fresh aroma and taste.